A Red Hat Certified System Administrator certification is earned when an IT professional demonstrates the core system-administration skills required in Red Hat Enterprise Linux environments.
A Red Hat Certified System Administrator is able to perform the following tasks:
- Understand and use essential tools for handling files, directories, command-line environments and documentation.
- Operate running systems, including booting into different run levels, identifying processes, starting and stopping virtual machines and controlling services.
- Configure local storage using partitions and logical volumes.
- Create and configure file systems and file system attributes, such as permissions, encryption, access control lists and network file systems.
- Deploy, configure, and maintain systems, including software installation, update and core services.
- Manage users and groups, including use of a centralized directory for authentication.
- Manage security, including basic firewall and SELinux configuration